Sunday, February 24, 2013

vaccinations

Someone asked about our vaccines.  I posted on facebook that we were shocked to have to pay $1225 for our vaccines and we still have to go back to get shots 2 and 3 of Hepatitis, which will be another $700.  OUCH!!  I had planned for about $600, so hopefully insurance we reimburse us some of the costs. 

We had planned to get Hep A and B and update our Tetanus shots.  However, after talking to the nurse, we decided to go by what the CDC recommends and take all the recommended vaccines to travel to China.  Those who know us personally know that we tend to have weird situations happen to us (some might call it back luck) and you also know that I (Melissa) will catch anything. So we got Tetanus (Tdap, which includes Pertusis-whopping cough and Diptheria) MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), Polio, Hepatitis and we are taking oral Typhoid. Geez!!  My arms hurt and I have a big warm spot where I got one of them, but basically I'm fine.  David feels like he has a mild flu today and aches all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment