Friday, April 19, 2013

Hong kong

Today we took a van from guangzhou to Hong Kong. It was quite interesting to cross the borders. Tomorrow morning we fly home. I can't wait!! But before you think I have hated this trip, here's the thing.... This trip has been so hard, but it has been amazing!!

Like labor and delivery, there have been times that have been absolutely miserable. The last few days have been especially rough with Caitie sick with a cough, fever and ear pain. Then me and then David, and really about half of our travel group, got food poisoning, travelers diarrhea or montasuma's revenge, or whatever you want to call it. In asking for prayers (I don't regret that, we needed them) I may have focused on the negative and made you think we were miserable and we were not.

We have been stretched more than I ever imagined. Some things we planned for were harder than we expected, like her mourning and rejection. But the outcome has been sweeter than expected. We love that little girl to death. Maybe if it had been all giggles and fun, we wouldn't appreciate it so much. Did God work so hard to adopt us in to his family?
I'm glad to get home to my family and the familiar. I'm ready to drink the water and eat the food. I'm thankful for the freedoms, gifts and choices we have and I won't take them for granted, for a while. But I will also hold in my heart the beautiful country and people that were my daughter's first home.


No comments:

Post a Comment