Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Random thoughts

Once again, the photos will post in random order and will probably not match this post at all.

So, driving in China is CRAZY! However I wasn't really worried about an accident. From all the reading I have done, the taxi, van and bus drivers are aggressive but very careful. One minor accident could cause them to lose their job. So you can imagine my surprise when we were in an accident in Beijing. It was not our driver's fault and no one was hurt, but definitely not expected. Now I am pretty anxious about riding in the bus and I've noticed a lot of other parents in our group feeling a little more apprehensive than we were before. I'm not looking forward to our 4 hour drive tomorrow with no car seats.

The last night we were in Beijing, we saw a good acrobatic group. One of the other parents in our group got some pictures. The boys would have really liked it.

Caitie loves to eat. So far the only thing she has refused is Similac formula.

She has a birth mark on the back of her neck, a strawberry, right under her hair at her hair line, just like Connor. She also has some Mongolian spots.

Her hair is longer than it looked in pictures, but still very short. It's hard to gets bows in, but I'm trying. It's pretty soft with the exception of the brand new growth. If I put my face on her hair when I'm holding her and come across a new little hair, it's so coarse it's almost sharp.

She's going to kill herself or one of us with constantly, and all of a sudden, throwing her head back and arching her back.

David is the Walmart king.... Both in Georgia and China. I hate Walmart so he usually goes for us. Here in China, the smog is bad and hard with my sinus stuff, so he has gone to Walmart twice. I do want to go at some point though, just to see it.

Netflix worked in Beijing. It does not here. I hope it works in Guangzhou. We have watched part of Top Gun three times now on the one English channel.

I forgot what it is like to try to get a baby to sleep in a hotel room and walk around in the dark quiet room trying not to wake her up. :)

You need wifi and a VPN to blog, Facebook or get mail off gmail. That presents some issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment